Manistee Conservation District
8840 Chippewa Highway
Bear Lake, MI 49614
Tel: (231) 889-9666
- Run water for 20 minutes before collecting the sample from an untreated tap.
- Outdoor faucets work well; detach the hose before sampling.
- Label bottles clearly with your name, sampling date, and the well name (cottage well, Mom's well, etc.).
- Please use a small, clean jar/bottle (mason jars, baby food jars, etc.) to collect one ounce samples.
- Water samples must be less than 48 hours old and kept cold before being dropped off.
- Water sampling forms are available at drop off days.
- This service is for private drinking water wells only. Public water supplies are tested regularly.
Call Mason-Lake Conservation District at 231-757-3707, ext. 5 for more information.
Sponsored by the Michigan Agriculture Environmental Assurance Program (MAEAP) and Michigan Conservation Districts.